- Cedar Creek has a mild four (4) season climate with lots of sunshine!
- Aiken is far enough from the shore line that we have been identified as an evacuation location and while we get a lot of rain, we are spared the direct hit of a hurricane.
2. More information about Aiken, including stores, places of worship, schools, etc.
3. Is it a 55+ community?
- No, it is not a designated 55+ community although at least 90% of the residents are retirees.
4. How many houses are there? How much larger can the community grow?
- Currently there are 768 homes
- The community can grow to 1,100 homes
5. What is the price range for homes?
- Homes currently range from $275,000 to the $475,000. There are also several building lots available, some of which overlook the golf course, pond and or green space.
6. What are the homeowners (HOA) fees?
- $225 a quarter ($900 per year ) for 2019
7. What are taxes like?
8. Is it run by the residents or a management company?
- Cedar Creek is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the residents. There are by-laws and covenants which the Board and residents must follow.
- There is no Management Company.
9. Is this community maintenance free or do the residents take care of their own outside maintenance?
- Residents are responsible for their own outside maintenance.
- Maintenance for the common areas is included in the Homeowner’s fees.
10. Are there approved builders?
- Yes, there are selected, pre-approved builders.
11. Are there any specific building design guidelines?
12. Am I able to have outdoor structures?
- Unattached buildings are not allowed.
13. Is there any on-site storage available for RV’s and boats?
14. Are there any restrictions such as how long people can visit?
15. Is it a gated community?
16. Are there any pet restrictions?
- There is a limit of three (3) pets per household.
- There are standard leash laws that apply.
17. What clubs/activities are available in Cedar Creek?
- Clubs including: Book Club, card groups (Canasta, Bridge, Hands and Feet, etc.), Cedar Creek Ladies Club, Garden Club, Lunch Bunch, Mah Jong, Quilting, Scrabble, Sequence, Stitch and Mingle, and Woodworking.
- Activities such as Aerobics, Men’s Golf, and Ladies Golf, Pickleball, Tennis, and Yoga.
18. What are the amenities?
19. Are the residents able to reserve the community center for private events?
- Any resident can reserve the Community Center for a private event. There is, however, a minimal fee involved.
20. Are there walking trails? If yes, how many miles?
- There are approximately 8 miles of trails throughout the community.
21. Are there any fees to use the pool, tennis, etc ?
- No, the cost to use the facilities and amenities of Cedar Creek are included in your HOA fee.
22. Do residents have to belong to the golf club?
- No. The Cedar Creek Golf Club is an 18-hole privately owned course, therefore, there is no membership required by residents of Cedar Creek unless you choose to join.
- Single and/or Family memberships can be purchased directly from the Golf Club. The Golf Club facilities includes a Grille Room and a Bar which is open to the public.
23. How far away is a hospital?
- According to Google Maps:
- Aiken Regional Hospital is approximately 30 minutes (17 miles) away.
- There are several Health Care providers and Emergency Centers in the Aiken Area including the The Aiken VA Outpatient Clinic.
- Augusta also has many major hospitals and health care providers including University Healthcare System, Georgia Regents University Medical Center, Doctors Hospital, Trinity Hospital of Augusta, Charlie Norwood VA Hospital and Fort Gordon’s Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
24. Airport Access
- Augusta Airport (Bush Field) is approximately 30 minutes away and has access to several major airports including Atlanta Hartfield Airport currently serviced by Delta and American Airlines.
25. How do I contact utilities?
26. Adult/Continuing Education Opportunities.
27. Questions about the community?